Saturday, February 24, 2024

Lent season made me do it!

It's that time of year again. Lent With Your Shameless Snowbunny!

In the small break from writing for the first time in years greater than five thousand words I had something to tell you. 

I am reviewing a book called Looking Glass Friends. Two married people who find similar hobbies and intellectual interests in each other that their spouses don't share.  Picture this, desktop PC 1992... don't remind me how old you are... I know you can paint in the image. 

Emails are shared about books, music, theater sparking a fire to learn, teach and share as much as possible. But it changes the individual marriages level of intimacy and sex where the others feel threatened.  They are honest with their spouses of the needs being met, no desires for more than the exchange of ideas. In the end, they're those couples who doggedly claw to monogamy,  propriety and ownership to keep their mates. Toxic, I know. So why did I tell you all this?

It's the way you can explain your skillset to me like a 5 year old. Ask for what I have learned or done to give me the understanding I seek. Then you fuel my imagination and desire to know more. Even when I get off my leash, you find a way to sway me back to this side of needing bail. It's in the way you share pain, grief and emotion as my true currency of intimacy while maintaining autonomy. The amount of knowledge and experience shared between us has made me better. The fact that you have given me access to your elders, siblings and made family is humbling. I am forever grateful for the time and energy you give to this insane thing called us. Let's not repeat the shrooms, bacon and video games though... it's like auschwits every time I cook bacon! 😅
I  truly appreciate the way you don't clip my wings or mock me when my world goes far left of center in the untried, unknown. You know, the dead people chatty in my ears... You have never made me feel small, crazy or unwanted.  In the words of Brett Young 

🎶In case you didn't know
Baby, I'm crazy 'bout you
And I would be lyin' if I said
That I could live this life without you
Even though
I don't tell you all the time
You had my heart a long, long time ago
In case you didn't know🎶

Psst! We're only 11 days into Lent. Just think of what the next 35 will bring if I finish the rosary without breaking it.  *maniacal laughter* Praise the all Pasta, Spaghetti Monster, the Alfredo and Garlic toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment